Does your property need fresh sod? You’ve got plenty of options to choose from. Zoysia, however, is considered one of the most preferred grass types for Southern lawns. This warm-season turf, which has been used in the United States for over 125 years, is known for its thick carpet-like texture and seamless appearance. In fact, zoysia is what you’ll find on most golf courses throughout the country. It is highly tolerable against a variety of conditions, including sunlight, shade, temperature and water. Zoysia is also adaptive to many different soil conditions, such as sandy and clay.
As a beautiful, versatile and durable turfgrass, it is not hard to understand why homeowners and business owners choose zoysia as their top sod preference. However, like any type of grass, there are some drawbacks or cons to using zoysia. At GLM Landscape Supply, we are happy to help you determine if zoysia is the best sod for your specific landscape. Here are some general pros and cons when choosing zoysia.
Pros of Zoysia
- Grows slower, which means less mowing and maintenance required
- Tolerant of extreme weather conditions and heavy foot traffic
- Self-healing capabilities, doesn’t need to be reseeded
- Limits erosion on sloped property
Cons of Zoysia
- Color may change (green to brown) with drastic changes in temperature
- Prone to thatch patch disease
- Needs constant maintenance during seeding and germination stage
Still not sure if zoysia is right for you? Call our experts at GLM Landscape Supply. We offer a full menu of sod options with affordable installation rates.
Posted on behalf of
13975 Hwy 9
Alpharetta, GA 30004
Phone: (770) 664-8200
Email: email@example.comMon-Fri: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Sat: 8 a.m. - 12 p.m.